The Art House offers a safe and supportive environment that fosters healing and creative expression for our neighbors, transforming the way people view the stereotype of those who have found themselves homeless. This is a great opportunity to engage with artists working at all skill levels, helping to provide the space to rediscover and utilize their God-given talents for purposeful work.
The day-to-day operations of an art studio sometimes include physically strenuous work such as lifting 25 lbs. The Art House wants to be welcoming of all who feel called to work in this space, so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns or need accommodations. This role is best suited for someone who doesn’t mind a change in routine, as the needs of our program change day to day.
Age Requirement: 18+ years old
Possible Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help maintain a tidy, fully-stocked, and organized studio with direction from staff
- Assist with training our neighbor contractors one-on-one
- Attend periodic Art House Volunteer Trainings
- Inventory counting, restocking, and organizing packing materials
- Help neighbors find and access art materials as well as transfer and print reference photos from various devices
- Engage artists in conversation, providing constructive feedback only when they request it
- Sort donations (when applicable)
**There may be time to engage in your own art practice but, unless prior arrangements have been made with the Art House Manager, all pieces made by volunteers while in the Art House are to be sold here at Community First! Village with all profits going towards the support of this program. If you are working on your own art, it is expected that you share tips and techniques to those who express interest in what you are creating.
By signing up to volunteer, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Mobile Loaves & Fishes Volunteer Agreement.
- Registration Close Date: March 28, 2023