Thank you for your interest in completing your required community service hours with us!
If you would like to complete volunteer opportunities at Community First! Village towards required community service hours (court, school, or otherwise appointed), you will need to provide your own documentation and bring it to an MLF Volunteer Team staff member or email us a PDF copy to verify with our records and sign off on. When you do this, please be sure you communicate the date you need it sent back to you, if applicable.
Documentation should include:
- Your first and last name
- Dates and timeframes/number of hours for your completed volunteer shifts
- Names of completed volunteer opportunities
Thank you for your interest in serving with Community First! Village through your Eagle Scout or Girl Scout Gold Award Project! Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with further information.
Scout Project Expectations:
- You will take the lead in all communication with MLF, your volunteer base, places where you purchase supplies, etc. and will not hand off this responsibility to parents, Scout Masters, or MLF staff.
- You will perform diligent legwork and research, looking to see if MLF has already given them the information you need in past correspondence before asking MLF staff for help.
- You will provide all materials and tools. If you would like MLF to provide tools, they will discuss it with their staff point of contact, who will let you know if we’re able to accommodate their request.
- You will build a materials list, write a plan, and make a budget if you choose a project that is not on MLF’s list of available projects.
- You will respect MLF staff’s personal time by not texting or calling outside of normal business hours and giving adequate lead time when you need signatures, have questions, or request a meeting.
- You will complete the project within six months of submitting a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) unless MLF agrees otherwise in writing. If your MLF Project Lead has a deadline sooner than six months that you cannot meet, you will let them know immediately so you can be assigned a different project.
- You will offer MLF staff grace, mercy, and patience with the understanding that some staff members do not have desk jobs where they can readily see texts or emails and may not have control over changes that affect the project.
MLF Promises To:
- Provide resources that will help you through the process of completing a project with us. This includes documentation and parameters for project options along with examples of additions or more expensive, long-lasting materials.
- Have flexible availability to meet in person or over the phone, with options for times outside of school hours, and to provide any accommodations or staff oversight needed for a particular aspect of the project.
- Make sure you are set up for success on the day(s) of the project execution even if a staff member won’t be there in person and to help you problem solve when adjustments need to be made due to changes that may affect it at Community First! Village.
- Offer you grace, mercy, and patience with the understanding that this may be the first time you’ve taken on a project of this magnitude, may have a tight deadline, and may not have control of your schedule or your own means of reliable transportation.
Project Funding Options:
- Fund & pay all project expenses directly. MLF will not be involved in any donation or expense reimbursement and donors will not receive a tax deduction letter from MLF for funding the project.
- Submit raised funds to MLF which will be earmarked for the project. MLF can set up a third-party fundraising webpage for this effort upon request and the Scout will submit expense receipts and request reimbursement for purchases up to the amount that they’ve raised after contractors have been paid (when applicable). Donors will receive a tax deduction letter from MLF.